Your Cat's Thyroid Gland
The thyroid gland regulates numerous functions by secreting hormones in response to feedback from the body. There are two hormones called T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine). They are manufactured in the thyroid gland under the influence of TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) from the anterior pituitary gland. The thyroid stores T3 and T4 and releases them into the body as needed. Although larger quantities of T4 are secreted, T3 is more potent and more active.
Thyroid hormones increase the metabolic rate and also regulate the body temperature (thermoregulation). They do this by causing cells to take in more oxygen to make ATP, a molecule that carries energy. As cells use more oxygen to produce ATP, heat is given off and body temperature increases.
The following is a list of possible feline signs and symptoms if there are inadequate thyroid hormones:
- Low energy and listlessness
- Weight gain despite decreased appetite
- Dry skin
- Thinning hair and hair loss
- Cold intolerance (may seek warm places)
- Bowel changes such as constipation
- Joint problems
What is Thyroid Support Silver?
This all-natural supplement was designed to give your pet nourishing and restorative support for thyroid function. With gradual and consistent use, Thyroid Support Silver can help to maintain normal levels of thyroid hormones.
What is Thyroid Support Used For?
Thyroid Support Silver provides your cat with highly effective, natural herbs that assist the maintenance of thyroid hormone levels. Additionally, this proprietary formula supports the adrenal glands, the immune system and can help peripheral body systems that are affected by the thyroid gland.
A note from our veterinarian...
Thyroid Support Silver is effective yet gentle. Supporting the body's hormone levels requires a long-term outlook. Please expect that natural supplements for supporting normal thyroid function are going to work gradually over several weeks before you can expect evidence of the results.
Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes! Thyroid Support Silver comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why Choose Thyroid Support Silver for Your Cat?
- Certified organic, ethically wild-harvested and selectively imported: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown, wild-harvested and selectively imported herbs from trusted growers.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Sprectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Thyroid Support Silver is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day moneyback guarantee.
Who Makes Thyroid Support Silver?
Thyroid Support Silver is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
How to Administer Thyroid Support Silver
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lb (1kg) of body weight.
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favourite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Thyroid Support Silver is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your cat will like best (such as mixed with food). Most cats do not enjoy administration directly into the mouth.
Use With Caution
Not to be used during pregnancy.
If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
May affect blood levels of certain chemotherapeutic drugs, drugs used to treat autoimmune disorders, certain over-the-counter pain medication, certain calcium channel blockers or certain beta-blockers. May interact with blood thinners, anti-hypertensives and salicylates. May lead to eventual adjustment of thyroid hormone replacement dose. Monitor thyroid hormones and general health while using Thyroid Support Silver.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Thyroid Support Silver
Meet Dr. Janice Huntingford
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for 28 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities.