Adrenal Harmony Gold - for Dog Cushing's
Adrenal Harmony Gold - for Dog Cushing's
Supports healthy adrenal gland function in dogs with Cushing’s
- Supports cortisol balance
- Promotes normal thirst and urination
- Healthy skin and coat, normal hair growth
- Supports healthy weight, normal appetite, proper muscle tone
Order Adrenal Harmony Gold today to help support your dog's adrenal health
- Five-Star Experience or it's FREE
- 2 oz (59 ml) bottle is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs)
- 4 oz (118 ml) bottle is a 1-month supply for most large dogs
Calculate Dose - How long will this last my pet?
?What should you expect with our products?
Item added to your cart
What is Cushing's?
Cushing's results from an excess of adrenal gland hormones including cortisol. It is a common side-effect of drugs such as corticosteroids, which are often prescribed to treat canine arthritis, allergies and other ailments. Cushing's can also result from a benign tumour on one of the adrenal glands or on the pituitary gland.
Symptoms of Cushing's may include:
- Increased thirst and appetite
- Frequent urination
- Loss of hair
- Skin problems
- High blood pressure
- Increased susceptibility to infections
If left untreated, Cushing's can lead to other conditions such as diabetes and heart problems.
Note: Your dog's Cushing’s could be caused by a corticosteroid drug - it may be possible to wean your dog off the drug; however, this must be performed under professional supervision to avoid complications. You can speak to your vet about this. Corticosteroids sometimes have side effects that are worse than the condition they were used to treat, and can make your dog more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Every day, we at Pet Wellbeing get calls from pet owners looking for an alternative to steroidal drugs.
Antineoplastic drugs: During its evaluation as an insecticide, a leading antineoplastic drug was discovered to have adrenocorticolytic effects. The most obvious and rapid response is a reduction in water intake, urine output, and appetite, which usually occur at the end of the initial course of therapy. Muscle strength and exercise tolerance improve over the first 3-4 weeks. Skin and hair coat changes take longer and the progress is variable. After the first re-evaluation, rechecks should be scheduled every 3-6 months for the rest of the pet’s life to determine whether the dose needs to be adjusted depending on the results of ACTH-response testing. Overall, based on the results of three survival studies, the mean survival time of canines with pituitary-dependent Cushing’s that were treated with this drug is 24 to 30 months, with a total range of 1 day to 13 years.
Surgery: If your dog's Cushing's was caused by a tumour, surgery may be an option. Only your vet is qualified to consult with you about this option.
3-beta-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase drugs: These drugs have been shown to be an effective treatment for canine and feline Cushing’s syndrome. They are a synthetic, orally active steroid analogue. They act as a competitive inhibitor of the 3β-HSD enzyme system and thereby inhibit the synthesis of cortisol and aldosterone as well as other steroids. The blockade is reversible and appears to be dose-related.
A word from our veterinarian:
It is important to note that long-term use of corticosteroid drugs, often prescribed for inflammatory discomfort such as skin allergy or arthritis, can result in a rebound effect and excess production of cortisol by the adrenal glands can ensue. Excessive production of cortisol can also be caused by a tumour, either of the pituitary or the adrenal glands.
What is Adrenal Harmony Gold?
Adrenal Harmony Gold was developed by our holistic veterinarians to support your dog with Cushing's. The actions of its ingredients are a combination of adaptogenic, antioxidant, and supportive of the nervous system.
"Adaptogens" are a classification of herbs considered to support the adrenal glands, hypothalamus, and pituitary (HPA-axis). They help the body to naturally adapt to stressors by supporting the adrenal glands to produce normal, healthy levels of cortisol. Unlike drugs, adaptogens will not stimulate or depress adrenal function; rather, they help to normalize adrenal gland hormone production.
Antioxidants help counter oxidative (free-radical) damage that contributes to degeneration of tissues and, ultimately, their healthy function.
The herbs in Adrenal Harmony Gold are particularly suited to supporting the adrenal glands as they also exert an effect upon the pituitary and hypothalamus glands which, in turn, communicate with the adrenal glands.
Together, the ingredients in Adrenal Harmony Gold target key cellular mechanisms to help maintain normal adrenal balance.
What is Adrenal Harmony Gold used for?
The adrenal glands play a vital role in the health of your pet. They are two small glands situated on top of each kidney and are involved in a multitude of physiological processes. The hypothalamus and pituitary glands are responsible for sending messages to the adrenals so that they secrete the right amount of hormones, to maintain equilibrium within the body.
Some of the main adrenal gland functions are to:
- Help the body respond to stress and inflammation through their production of corticosteroid hormones;
- Play an important role in regulating water and electrolyte balance (affects urine output and thirst);
- Produce hormones that affect blood sugar (affects appetite).
Adrenal Harmony Gold targets the HPA (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) axis to strengthen the body's internal feedback mechanisms. This, in turn, can affect areas of the body influenced by the adrenal glands.
For a holistic approach to Cushing's, a combination of supplements may provide the best complementary support, including: Adrenal Harmony Gold, Milk Thistle, Pet Melatonin, and flaxseed lignans.
Milk Thistle can help protect your pet against fatty liver which often arises due to the elevated blood sugar levels that can accompany Cushing's. Melatonin, a naturally occurring hormone in the body, helps to balance the excess cortisol that is produced with Cushing's. In turn, this helps to maintain a resilient immune system and protect against additional adrenal stress and fatigue. Flaxseed lignans work by inhibiting the 3β-HSD enzyme system to further aid in regulating cortisol levels.
Using these four supplements together, in conjunction with your vet's guidance, can provide a holistic approach to managing Cushing's and offer your pet a more comfortable and higher quality of life.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Adrenal Harmony Gold comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why choose Adrenal Harmony Gold for your canine friend?
- Certified Organic and Ethically Wild-Harvested: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Adrenal Harmony Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Who makes Adrenal Harmony Gold?
Adrenal Harmony Gold is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs integrated with the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer Adrenal Harmony Gold twice daily:
- Under 13.6 kg (30 lbs): Give one drop per 1 kg (2.2 lbs) of body weight
- 13.6 - 15.9 kg (30 - 34 lbs): 0.75 ml
- 16 - 20.5 kg (35 - 44 lbs): 1.0 ml
- 20.6 - 29.5 kg (45 - 64 lbs): 1.25 ml
- 29.6 - 35.9 kg (65 - 79 lbs): 1.5 ml
- 36 - 44.9 kg (80 - 99 lbs): 1.75 ml
- 45 - 54.4 kg (100 - 119 lbs): 2.0 ml
- 54.5+ kg (120+ lbs): 2.25 ml
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops: Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
TIP! From Dr. Jan: If your dog has taken this formula for two weeks+ and you have not seen the expected results, you can safely double the dose.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- Do not use with blood thinners.
- Use with caution if also administering drugs prescribed for Cushing's disease.
- May be a GI irritant.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Adrenal Harmony Gold is Formulated With
- Fresh Ashwagandha root (Withania somniferum): A primary adaptogen in this formula, Ashwagandha assists the adrenal glands directly to respond normally and produce healthy amounts of cortisol. This is a well-known herb for helping the body's stress levels and supporting normal, restful sleep.
- Holy Basil leaf (Ocimum sanctum): Also called Tulsi, Holy Basil is a gentle adaptogen for supporting the adrenal glands. Of key importance, adaptogens will neither cause the body to relax nor become stimulated, necessarily. Rather, their action is to assist the body to adapt as needed and bring it back into balance. For that reason, adaptogens are used for a variety of reasons when normal adrenal function is desired.
- Fresh Turmeric rhizome (Curcuma longa): One of the best antioxidant herbs available, Turmeric also supports liver health. Turmeric can be difficult for the body to absorb. Our extraction method using fresh, organic Turmeric is an extremely potent liquid extract, much stronger than a simple glycerin extraction. It captures all of the useful constituents of this herb, including curcumin and other curcuminoids.
- Bacopa herb (Bacopa monnieri): Bacopa exhibits uses both as an adaptogen and as an antioxidant. It has also been used for stress and is said to generally contribute to healthy moods and cognitive function.
- Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus): Another popular adaptogen, Astragalus helps the body's normal ability to adapt to stress. It also contains polysaccharides, constituents that assist the body's normal immune response to fight off bacteria and viruses.
- Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum): A gentle and effective herb for normal liver function, Milk Thistle supports the liver's metabolization of drugs and toxins for excretion. Another function of the liver is to denature (take apart) circulating hormones, thereby helping to keep the balance of hormones in the body.
- Blessed Thistle flower (Cnicus benedictus): Blessed or Holy Thistle has similar uses as Milk Thistle for liver support. Additionally, it has been shown to exhibit support for the immune system and digestion.
- Chaste Tree berry (Vitex agnus-castus): Used for its gentle, tonic action on the anterior pituitary, Vitex is an amphoteric herb, meaning it will help maintain normal hormonal levels, rather than cause them to go higher or lower. Vitex is included in this formula for its affect on the pituitary's action in adrenal hormone regulation.
- Prickly Ash bark (Zanthoxylum americanum): Used by many First Nations communities at one time, the bark of the Prickly Ash tree has been termed an "alterative", meaning that it will help support normal flow of lymphatic circulation. It also helps maintain normal arterial and capillary circulation.
... 485 mg per ml
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural flavoring, vegetable glycerin.